Architecture Review Committee

The Architecture Review Committee (ARC) is accountable to the HOA Board of Directors which delegates the responsibility for reviewing all request for architectural changes proposed by residents of the community, interpret the architecture guidelines, approve/deny changes, and advise the Board of Directors on architectural covenant violations.

Please see the links below to the guideline and application.

The ARC guidelines now combined with the SFSF HOA Rules and Regulations

The ARC Application form and all supporting documents are on the CAMS Website

Frequently Asked Questions

What does the ARC review?
 All applications for new construction and/or renovations to any single family residential property.  Changes to the property include but not limited to: exterior paint color, additions, decking, basketball goals, children’s playsets, major landscape, etc.   If you have any questions if your project requires ARC approval – please contact CAMS at or 877-672-2267 .

What do I need to submit to the ARC?
Please submit applications and any attachments on the  CAMS Website

Verbal approval is not sufficient as all approvals must be in writing.

How long does it take to get approval?
The ARC meets as required. Owners generally receive a response to their request within ten days of submitting your paperwork.  If no response is received within 45 days, applicant can assume project was approved. 

Approved Exterior paint colors ?
The following links provide the list of approved colors.  The paint numbers are Lowe’s Varspar (house) and Sherman Williams (door). You are not required to use these manufactures but the AR Application needs to have the approved number. Other manufactures can color match these numbers. Be aware that these online paint colors will not exactly match the paint especially if you use a lower resolution display. You should use the online paint colors to give you a general idea but go to the paint store to get their samples.

House Paint Colors Link   Door Paint Colors Link

Do I need a permit?
Many of the common projects like fences, decks and sheds require permits. It is always best to contact the Wake Forest inspections department at 919-435-9530 to determine what if any permit is required. If a permit is required please include the permit number in your submission.